Causeway’s Avenues To Employment
At Causeway, we call our employment programs “Avenues” because every program takes you on a potentially life-changing journey.
To book an appointment, please call our Intake Office: 613-725-3494 ext. 115
Employment Supports Program (ESP)
Persons eligible for the Ontario Disability Supports Program (ODSP) -Employment Supports will receive help as they prepare for, find, and maintain paid employment. Participants are offered services including but not limited to:
- Employment Planning: Clients work with staff to develop an employment plan that is tailored to their skills and goals
- Job Placement: Clients receive support in job searching, interviewing, on-the-job-training, and job coaching
- Job Retention: Staff follow up with clients when they are working to provide support throughout their transition into employment.
Clients in ESP can feel confident about finding a job that is right for them at their own pace.
ESP is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
Job Quest is a rapid supported employment program, designed to help clients find and maintain paid employment. Staff work one-on-one with clients and focus on:
- Finding employment opportunities that match their job preferences and employment goals
- Providing our clients with the right employment supports according to their needs
- Connecting clients to additional supports in the community
While in Job Quest, our staff work with clients to develop resumes and cover letters, prepare for interviews, provide job coaching and on-site support, as well as job retention and follow-up support.
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
Solutions for Youth is a Federally funded youth initiative for persons aged 16-29. Over a 16-week period, youth will receive support in developing the skills and work habits necessary to find employment or return to school. The program features:
- In-Class Employment Workshops (4 weeks): Classes run weekdays from 9:00am-3:00pm. Participants assesses their skills, identify barriers and set employment or educational goals to be met by the end of the program. Employment workshops include but are not limited to: resume writing, interview techniques, job searching, stress management, conflict resolution, anger management, budgeting, and self-esteem.
- Work Placements: After completing 4 weeks of in-class workshops, participants complete a 12-week work placement with a local business that relates to their employment or educational goals.
Participants are paid minimum wage for the duration of the program. Please contact us for eligibility criteria.
Causeway Work Centre is a partner of Rise.
Mental health conditions or addictions can get in the way of stable employment for many. At Rise, we break down barriers and change futures through our innovative small business services. Rise is the only national charity providing people with a path toward sustained self-employment or small business ownership. We personalize our services to support each client with a combination of training, resources, mentorship, and low interest microloans. The result? Our clients improve their financial stability and make positive life changes to benefit their families and communities alike.
Rise offers a supportive environment geared to people who’ve experienced barriers resulting from mental health conditions or substance use.
- Low interest loans
- Business advice, mentorship, and peer support
- Help in navigating small business resources
- Acceptance, and a community of support
- Encouragement and validation of your strengths and capabilities
If you are interested in learning more about the program and eligibility, please speak with our Business Advisor at 613-725-3494 ext. 118.
Needle Hunters provides paid employment to persons who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness. The Needle Hunters Program is contracted through the City of Ottawa to pick up and dispose of drug related paraphernalia in selected areas of the City. The Needle Hunter program helps keep our parks and streets clean and safe.
Take The First Step
Contact our Intake Office to begin your journey towards independence and meaningful employment.
Either give us a call at 613-725-3494 ext. 115 or fill out the contact form.