Join Our Board of Directors
Are you passionate about building more inclusive communities? Are you looking for ways to help transform lives with purpose? Join Causeway’s Board of Directors.
Applications are now open to join Causeway’s volunteer Board of Directors until April 20th, 2022. Causeway’s Board of Directors help guide the strategic directions of the organization to support its core mission of building better communities.
Causeway is looking for people to contribute knowledge, energy, and leadership in areas including finance/accounting, charities/corporate law, mental health/social services, data analytics/quality improvement, local employer/business consultant, fundraising, and having lived experience as someone with a barrier to employment. Some of the Board responsibilities include:
- Setting policy and developing strategy to give direction to the organization.
- Ensuring that the resources necessary to achieve the goals of the organization are available.
- Approve the annual budget, audit reports and financial statements.
- Attend board meetings and engage in meaningful debate, including reviewing the agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Support Causeway’s funding initiatives.
- Directors are expected to serve on one or more Board committees.
Causeway has 2 Board Member positions and 1 Treasurer position open. For a full understanding of Causeway’s Board of Directors, requirements, time commitments, and recruitment process, please see the 2022-2023 Board Recruitment Package.
To apply to be a part of Causeway’s Board of Directors, please send a CV and expression of interest to email@example.com.
The Causeway community is one of empathy, determination, and creativity. This approach allows Causeway to transform lives by piloting new community ventures and leading the way in the area of social enterprise. Becoming a member of Causeway’s Board of Directors is an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to this transformation while enriching your own professional and community engagement.